• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi there!

Maureen Hagan

hello! My name is Maureen and I am 3 days post-op gastric sleeve. Wow! What an adjustment. Right now pain is bearable but the air in my abdomen hurts pretty bad and nausea. Nausea is really bad. I know it'll get better and I hope this site will help me. Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi and welcome! I am 5 wks out of surgery for the sleeve. I had lots of lower back pain from the air/ gas. It finally ended in the 2nd week. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hi Maggie
Thanks for the quick response. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and depressed today honestly. I just feel super fatigued, no energy at all. I was just looking for something in my house and was totally winded in like 6 minutes. I feel like I am still experiencing effects of anasthesia. I have never done well with being under general anasthesia.
Thanks again for replying

hello! My name is Maureen and I am 3 days post-op gastric sleeve. Wow! What an adjustment. Right now pain is bearable but the air in my abdomen hurts pretty bad and nausea. Nausea is really bad. I know it'll get better and I hope this site will help me. Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated!
The gas will go away after a while. They fill your belly up with gas so they can perform the procedure effectively. It takes time, but you'll be fine. Listen and follow to the letter the instructions that your surgeon and their team have given you and you'll do great! It's a process since we're used to being free with food and drink. You'll SLOWLY re-learn as if you're an infant learning and being introduced for the first time food again an begin a new and improved relationship with your habits...Each day will be a lesson learned, what to eat, what not to eat, when to drink, how much to drink, when to move and move some more...etc. You'll get to where you want to be with a positive, determined, mindset. Enjoy this time and use it to your highest good. Be well.,

Welcome to our site, I bet most have a little depression right afterwards, but it will go away, I promise you

Back