• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi

Hi All. Just found this chat and makes me happy to know I'm not alone. Just started my liquid diet yesterday and the smells of food and cravings are awful. I still have Christmas leftovers so I'm trying to give them away, have my family eat them or toss them to make it easier on myself. My surgery is on January 10, 2024 and I honestly can't wait.

Welcome, Donna Jean. You can also freeze anything you can't eat now. A lot of people here have portioned out cooked or raw food, then frozen it. It makes everything really easy. You're a few weeks away from solid food, so this is a great thing to do.

I was on the pureed phase during the holidays many years ago. I put Magic Milk, mashed potatoes, turkey and cranberry sauce in a deep plastic storage cup and then used my stick blender to mix it up loosely, so it would be very soft and a spoonful would melt in my mouth with little chewing. I loved it.

You can look forward to making "smoothies" with ordinary food, and of course, a real smoothie with fruit, milk and juice. The recipe for Magic Milk is posted in this group. It doubles the protein found in milk and tastes pretty good. It's a real boon for anyone who makes smoothies.

Use the search feature to find recipes by ingredient. We also have a recipes forum.

Congratulations on your decision and welcome to the group.

My mom bought me a vacuum seal set for my Bday. I have to say, I LOVE it! I can buy larger quantities of fresh meat, portion it as small as I'd like and keep it n freezer burn free for a lot longer. Everything cooked from meats to soups to casseroles are freeze amazingly well.

Ziploc also works, its just harder to get all the air out.

Back