• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi

Barbara M

Hi everyone, my name is Barbara, everyone calls me Barb. August 19 will be my 3 month anniversary of my gastric sleeve.
My surgery went real well, the Doctor also repaired a hospital hernia while doing my sleeve. I was feeling great after the surgery, never had any pain on the inside or outside. About 6 weeks into my surgery I started gagging conclusively and throwing up what looks like saliva (lots of it). I went to my regular Doctor and told him about it, he gave me a steroid and B12 injection, telling me there was no sinus infection. I felt better for a few days, then the gagging started again. I told my surgeon about it at my 2 month post open visit, he told me to just take Prilosec, which I do but it isn't helping. I had an episode just this morning. But for the last 2 weeks, now I've lost my appetite and nothing tastes good. I am forcing myself to eat so I don't get sick though. I'm severely depressed after having the surgery. It's like all my joy has left. I saw my regular Doctor yesterday, he put me on Zoloft and is finding someone for me to talk to. I also have a call in to the surgeons office and hope to hear back Monday.
Thank you all for just reading, it makes me feel better getting it out.

Hi barb,
I'm so sorry you are going through all off this. I hope you can figure this out soon. I am new to this process. Just starting with all of the clearance dr appts . I am so excited and scared. But I have to do something . I love all of the info on this site. Feel better soon

Thank
Hi barb,
I'm so sorry you are going through all off this. I hope you can figure this out soon. I am new to this process. Just starting with all of the clearance dr appts . I am so excited and scared. But I have to do something . I love all of the info on this site. Feel better soon

Thank you.
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you have a good experience with your surgery!

Hi Barb,
My gastric sleeve is tentatively scheduled for Sept 21 so I haven't a clue yet what you are going through but wanted to offer my support. I remember the initial interview with the psychologist and all the questions I had to answer about depression and if it ran in the family, if I had depression, etc. I'm glad you are getting an Rx which will hopefully help relieve your depression symptoms. Are you able to see the psychologist that was associated with your bariatric center?

Back