• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi

Deirdre

Hi, I'm Deirdre and I have my surgery 08-26-09. I started out at 334 and they lowest that I was 199, but have put back on about 30 lbs. I have dropped off the wagon and don't know how to get back on.

Hi, I'm Deirdre and I have my surgery 08-26-09. I started out at 334 and they lowest that I was 199, but have put back on about 30 lbs. I have dropped off the wagon and don't know how to get back on.
Hi Diedre. The suggestion I have is maybe start from the beginning as if you never had surgery. Like the low carb high protein diet. The small steps in exercising. Build up as you see improvement. Let me know if I don't make sense. I am half way through the process to have surgery and have lost ten pounds from the change in habits. I slip up from time to time but I'm determined. Whatcha think?

I think Carolyn is on to something. I know when I was pre surgery, I took off about 10# just doing what she mentioned. Hopefully this helps.

Christine, isnt there away to restart your weight loss but going back to just liquids, i remember you saying something about that a while back??

Christine, isnt there away to restart your weight loss but going back to just liquids, i remember you saying something about that a while back??
Yes, you can supposedly reset your pouch size by going back to just liquids or a modification of the diet we all started on after surgery with liquids, soft foods then regular foods. I have never been able to make it past the first day of liquids. Much easier to do when you have a tight tummy and are not hungry.

Yes, you can supposedly reset your pouch size by going back to just liquids or a modification of the diet we all started on after surgery with liquids, soft foods then regular foods. I have never been able to make it past the first day of liquids. Much easier to do when you have a tight tummy and are not hungry.
You can find the modified diet under a search online for pouch reset diet. There is also supposed to be one on this website, but have never found it.

Good for you, no matter how many times we slip up, we can't stop trying, and if it means we go back to basics, than that is what we have got to do. So what is your updated number, last I heard it was 100

Good for you, no matter how many times we slip up, we can't stop trying, and if it means we go back to basics, than that is what we have got to do. So what is your updated number, last I heard it was 100
I'm stalled at 100. Actually gained a few pounds one week and then dropped them the next. Hoping this is the week I go over 100. Crossing my fingers.

Set your mind to it and it will happen, start parking as far away from the store as you can and drink more water and eat more protein and less of everything else, you can do it

Back