• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi

BonnieO

I had Sleeve surgery last week on June 15. When I started the pre-ob process I weighted 317. On surgery day I was down to 290 and am now just a week post-ob I am at 279. What has been other people's typical weight loss in the first few months? And does anyone have any good leads on local places to get professional clothing inexpensively.
Bonnie

I had Sleeve surgery last week on June 15. When I started the pre-ob process I weighted 317. On surgery day I was down to 290 and am now just a week post-ob I am at 279. What has been other people's typical weight loss in the first few months? And does anyone have any good leads on local places to get professional clothing inexpensively.
Bonnie
Hello, I had the bypass done this past FEB and am now down 95 lbs.... About 30 more to go.. But they are being stubborn..... Good luck

Bonnie
Everyone is different, we all lose different amounts

Yeah. Don't compare your success to others. It'll only be frustrating. "Comparison is the thief of joy". Not sure if it's available, but Clothes Mentor is a quality used clothing store. If you don't have one, look for a used clothing store. Not a donation store, but one that buys and resells clothes.

Definitely don't start comparing your weight loss to others after only a week. You have the rest of your life to do that and unfortunately you will. We all do. Maggie said to not go to a donation store, but the only problem I've had at our local Goodwill is finding my size. My local store does a good job of putting out only good stuff or they only get good donations.

I wasn't saying to not go to Goodwill. I was clarifying what kind of store I meant. But, I do have much better luck finding quality clothes in my size at a consignment store. That's all I was saying.

Back