• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hitting plateau

Hi all,
just hit my 100 lb. Loss. Had surgery in March. For the past 3 weeks I’ve been at a standstill. Scale hasn’t moved. Eating the same as I have been. Is this normal and anyone have gone through this?
I plateaued for 5 months after losing 75 pounds. I joined the Y and started using the treadmill, rower and another machine whose name I can't remember. I did this so I could start hiking in the mountains. Within a few months I lost 40 more pounds, going to the Y five to six days a week.

Missy's right. If you hit a plateau, add some exercise. It can be as simple as walking in place while watching television. That's one thing I did faithfully, adding touching my toes, rotating my arms held out from the shoulder, and doing pushups against the wall. The key is just to add some kind of movement. It doesn't have to be joining an aerobics class or anything complicated. Just move, and as you move, your body gets the message to burn stored calories, because you're not eating enough to afford to lose caloric nutrients.

Back