• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How long after you had the endoscopy was your surgery?

I can't guarantee you the right answer, because I don't know what the procedure is that you're going to have. But I've had three endoscopies and none of them have had any post-tubal pain or kept me from eating. if what's going on is some kind of incisional procedure, you might be encouraged not to have bariatric surgery, if you are only having the sleeve.

Both your primary doctor and your surgeon should be informed of any procedure you'll be having before the surgery.

I am having the endoscopy procedure next week and I am hoping that it will not be too long after that for my bariatric surgery. I'm hoping that is not too unrealistic. Does anyone have any insights?
Mine was 1 month prior to surgery. It could happen anytime after the endoscopy though, it just depends on the surgeon's schedule and if you already have insurance approval. One month after was the first date my surgeon was available.

My surgery is October 26th and my endoscopy was in July. That’s how the insurance and my doctor’s schedule worked though.

Back