• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How Many Calories 2 Years Out?

Hello! I am wondering how many calories I should be consuming daily? RNY 12/09 291 140 I am thinking about 1200? Thanks for any help! MJ

Hi MJ,

I know many people diet after weight loss surgery. I know even with wls it is easy to fall back on old habits. Eating healthy is a great goal and to change our thinking to that mode and not keep the diet mentality is possible. I know that wls is only a tool and that the real battle is in the mind. Mindful eating, awareness, healthy eating habits are always good goals to attain. So, my answer to your question is do what you have to do to eat healthy. Make good wise healthy food choices.

Well, I guess it kinda depends on your height, age, and activity levels. I would think that you might need a little more than 1200 calories, maybe 1400. You should still be able to keep the weight down with 1400 calories. It would be a good question for your doctor though next time you visit him.

Back