• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How Many pounds are you down

My surgery was 5/10/2017 I'm down 23 lbs which I lost the 1st 2 weeks. I haven't lost any weight since. I've been STILL on smoothies and purée foods but haven't lost a pound. I still haven't been able to get 64oz of water each day but getting my protein in. What do you think I should do - I'm stalled?
I hope it is going better for you

Kind of late chiming in, but am proudly down 22 lbs, just preparing for surgery. One more doc appt and then it will be sent in for approval. Vitamins are ordered and I plan to take them to my next doc appt to make sure I got the right stuff. Clothes are starting to fit a little looser, face is a little thinner, life is so good! Best of all, my KNEES have quit hurting me. I could not have made a better decision in having this surgery. Its a real commitment and one I am so ready to make. Trying to convince my son and daugher in law they need to visit Florida while I am having surgery, only half joking. They travel a lot, so there is hope. I miss them.

Keep up all the great work I am seeing posted. This is the most positive group I have found anywhere and I always feel better after reading it. Any weight loss is better than no weight loss, just follow the directions from your doctor and get active. If you do that, weight loss has to happen.
Good for you! I hope you see your family soon. Yes I am finding the group positive also :)

Kind of late chiming in, but am proudly down 22 lbs, just preparing for surgery. One more doc appt and then it will be sent in for approval. Vitamins are ordered and I plan to take them to my next doc appt to make sure I got the right stuff. Clothes are starting to fit a little looser, face is a little thinner, life is so good! Best of all, my KNEES have quit hurting me. I could not have made a better decision in having this surgery. Its a real commitment and one I am so ready to make. Trying to convince my son and daugher in law they need to visit Florida while I am having surgery, only half joking. They travel a lot, so there is hope. I miss them.

Keep up all the great work I am seeing posted. This is the most positive group I have found anywhere and I always feel better after reading it. Any weight loss is better than no weight loss, just follow the directions from your doctor and get active. If you do that, weight loss has to happen.
It's never to late, you are doing great, keep it up

Update: I'm 2 months out from surgery and I'm down 61 pounds. I am off all my diabetes medications and 3 of 4 blood pressure medications. I have my sights set on getting rid of my sleep apnea. RNY surgery is the best decision I ever made in my 51 years of life!
AWESOME! If thats not enough to keep someone on track, I don't know what is!

Update: I'm 2 months out from surgery and I'm down 61 pounds. I am off all my diabetes medications and 3 of 4 blood pressure medications. I have my sights set on getting rid of my sleep apnea. RNY surgery is the best decision I ever made in my 51 years of life!
That is great news I am happy for you!

Im 14 years old, 10 days post op, and i lost about 12 pounds since the surgery. Including the 2 week pre-op diet, in total i lost about 20 pounds.

Hello. I'm 10 days out of surgery (7/13/17) I have not lost a pound yet .. Getting all my protein & fluids each day. Had issues with milk intolerance and had to switch to whey products (but they are higher in Protein- so thought that would help) ..... just wondering when it will start to happen ?

Hello. I'm 10 days out of surgery (7/13/17) I have not lost a pound yet .. Getting all my protein & fluids each day. Had issues with milk intolerance and had to switch to whey products (but they are higher in Protein- so thought that would help) ..... just wondering when it will start to happen ?
You have to remember they filled you to the brim with liquids, an so now you have that to lose, plus it doesn't fall off overnight, once you get moving around some more it will start dropping, the more you worry, the slower it will come off, don't get frustrated, it really will start coming off, you made a great choice is having this surgery, you won't be sorry you had it done, so happy for you

I had my sleeve surgery 8-10-17 and I lost 12 pounds. I am doing exactly what the Dr told me to do... still fluids only. Is this a normal amount to have lost by now, or should it be more? I am weighing myself every day and some days I am still the same weight... maybe I should stop weighing daily?

According to my Dr. Yes you should stop weighing your self, and yes the weight didn't fall off all at once, so you are doing fine, just follow what your Dr says and it will continue to come off and I noticed that I would lose a little and then stop for a few days and then lose a little and again stop, it will not just come off every single day, you should just try weighing your self once a week, or month like my Dr said, but you know that didn't happen, I was still on it every day lol, good luck and you will do fine

Good morning all, I figured it was time for an update on your weight loss so far, I am going to Dr this evening and stepping on the dreaded scale, not my usual scale but will let you know the total when I get back, but anyway any amount counts, a lbs is a lbs so don't be afraid to share
Hi, my name is Sherry. I had the gastric bypass surgery June 12, 2017 and have lost around 60lbs so far. I wish I could lose faster.

Back