• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How much fat, sugar, and fiber?

NavyNurse22

Hello everyone! I'm having the sleeve done in one month! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed regarding all the foods you CANT eat, at least in the first few months, but also in the forever after!
So, I know I must consume at least 65-70 Gm of Protein per day. But what about how much fat, sugar and fiber are minimum/maximum per day? Was told get no sugar added products, go easy on the fiber ( due to constipation later). Are there numbers, as in protein intake?
Thanks for any advice you can offer

It's easy to get overwhelmed with all the information so the doctor only gives you a little at a time. Because it is so much of a lifestyle change. Just after surgery it is hard to get in just the protein drinks. For me the cravings for food were just not there. After about 3 weeks you start wanting to try some thicker soups or soft puréed food. When I say try it's like 3-4 bites. Then the rest of the day it's protein shakes. Sometimes I have a popsicle. When you see your doctor for follow ups they will start talking about adding a bite of a different food. They have recipes to look at. But the best part is your going to need a hobby for all the time you will have not preparing and eating food. I'm up to the soft food stage so I let someone else tell you about the next stage. There is bariatric cookbooks. I was just thinking about getting one.

Hello everyone! I'm having the sleeve done in one month! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed regarding all the foods you CANT eat, at least in the first few months, but also in the forever after!
So, I know I must consume at least 65-70 Gm of Protein per day. But what about how much fat, sugar and fiber are minimum/maximum per day? Was told get no sugar added products, go easy on the fiber ( due to constipation later). Are there numbers, as in protein intake?
Thanks for any advice you can offer
I DRINK PERMIER SHAKES I HAVE TO HAVE 40-65 GRAM OF PROTEIN I HAVE TO HAVE LESS THEN 5G OF SUGAR AND I CANT EAT FRIED FOOD. JUST YOGURT(CHOBANI) ONLY PLAIN ONE HAVE LESS SUGAR, STEW OR BAKED CHICKEN, YAMS(BAKED), VEGETABLES, CHICKEN BROTH, WATER, DIET SNAPPLE, DIET TEA OR COFFEE, ETC.

Back