• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How soon after surgery were you able to wear pants? Did you buy special pants?

Do I need to buy some loose fitting sleep pants or jogging pants for after surgery? How long did you wait before wearing regular pants?

I think it will depend on were your incisions are, i was wearing pants the day they let me wear my own clothes. But i could have worn them the day of surgert if i had wanted.

around the house I wear sweats, but yes, as long as they aren't too snug, you can wear anything in your closet. I have one incision just above my belly button that is right at waistband location. Jeans weren't the best idea for the first week.

Do I need to buy some loose fitting sleep pants or jogging pants for after surgery? How long did you wait before wearing regular pants?

I have quite a few stretch waist band soft stretching cotton pants that I wear around the house. I took these with me and put a pair on the second I got back to my room from surgery. They are super comfortable and I wore my hospital gown with pants the whole time I was in the hospital. My incisions were on the higher part of my stomach so it was no problem at all. :)

I was wearing PJ bottoms the evening of my surgery. I wore shorts home 2 days later and a week post op I was wearing my jeans.

It all depends on you incisions. You do not want anything to rub your incisions and irritate them for about a month or so.

Each person is different.

I wore pants but no belt. I used suspenders. There was one major incision right on the belt line that I could irritate if I used the belt.

Suspenders were the way to go for me. Now for the ladies in the crowd I don't know what to say. However, you might try it too. I wear my suspenders under my shirt not over my shirt; so they are hidden from plain site.

everyone is different. I have a tube from my remnant stomach which is just below my left boob. Have been wearing loose fitting clothes since surgery. A few days after the tube is removed, I will try to wear a bra, then hopefully reg. clothes. Everyone suggested elastic waist bands for pants, as you can wear them longer.

How long is the hospital stay for the laproscopic vertical sleeve surgery? Most of the people in one of the group meeting's I was in were having the bypass surgery and they were told they would only be in the hospital overnight. Just trying to pre-plan I guess.....I don't enjoy being in the hospital can't imagine anyone does.

My doctor thought I'd be going home the next day after surgery,but no I was the one in five who have the VSG and get to have nausea and vomiting and acid reflux. So I stayed in the hospital for three days and got to add three anti vomit medications and two acid reflux meds in addition to the gall bladder and ulcer prevention pills. I still have a little queasiness but it is getting better. I hope you don't win that lottery. Still I would do it all again if you asked.

Back