• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Howdy Y'all!

Hi, I'm Barbara. I was sleeved 2/9/17. My husband was sleeved on 12/20/16. We are doing this together, as we do everything. We live in upper Western North Dakota, just about 45 minutes from the Canadian border, but we are both Southerners. I'm from Texas, and he is originally from Mississippi but calls Texas home.

I started my journey in August 2016, with Weight Watchers (it was insurance approved). My weight at the time was 235, which is not my heaviest weight. After 6 months, I managed to only lose 15 pounds. Once my husband had his surgery and our diets radically changed, I lost another 10 pounds. The morning of my surgery I weighed in at 210 pounds. As of today, 34 days post-op, I weigh 193. Yes, I'm a slow loser. I expected I would be since I have PCOS and Hypothyroid. I'm just thrilled to say I've lost 17 pounds!!! Who does that in a month without a terminal illness?? I do try to always look on the bright side.

I'm just here for the fellowship and camaraderie with other individuals who know what it's like to walk in my shoes.

Have a lovely day!

Hi, I'm Barbara. I was sleeved 2/9/17. My husband was sleeved on 12/20/16. We are doing this together, as we do everything. We live in upper Western North Dakota, just about 45 minutes from the Canadian border, but we are both Southerners. I'm from Texas, and he is originally from Mississippi but calls Texas home.

I started my journey in August 2016, with Weight Watchers (it was insurance approved). My weight at the time was 235, which is not my heaviest weight. After 6 months, I managed to only lose 15 pounds. Once my husband had his surgery and our diets radically changed, I lost another 10 pounds. The morning of my surgery I weighed in at 210 pounds. As of today, 34 days post-op, I weigh 193. Yes, I'm a slow loser. I expected I would be since I have PCOS and Hypothyroid. I'm just thrilled to say I've lost 17 pounds!!! Who does that in a month without a terminal illness?? I do try to always look on the bright side.

I'm just here for the fellowship and camaraderie with other individuals who know what it's like to walk in my shoes.

Have a lovely day!
Hi Barbara. Welcome to the group. That's great that you and your husband are doing this together. I wish my husband was, but then I'm glad he doesn't need the surgery.

Have a lovely day!
Hello, welcome to the group, I also wish my husband would go thru with it, but I know he has to want it, and I love him either way, I didn't even suggest it to him, but so happy you have your husband to do it with. We are here if you have any questions, good luck on your journey

Back