• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hula Hooping..the calorie destroyer!

Donnaflo

so... a fun exercise that's little to no impact and burns 600 cal an hour?? 15 mins a day is a 1/2 inch off your body each week! also tones the crap out of your ever shrinking body?? the hula hoop is the answer! I have a few of them myself, i make LED hoops too (good to have a hobby!)

They are professionally made, not the ones you get in your local discount store..

I hula hoop around my waist for "fitness" and i hoopdance all over my body, up and over, around and stepping through for FUN!! it's a killer workout..and a calorie destroyer! it's FUN! I get compliments everywhere i go..yes i bring my hoops everywhere i go lol. Bars let me in..festivals are tons of fun, bands love hoopers too! theyre the perfect gift, the perfect thing to take to a party, the beach, out with the girls.. anything, anytime, anywhere. so basically, there is always a good excuse to exercise!! Ive got my friends and fam and everyones kids in hoops! I have bartenders hooping and band members.. I walk around my block a few times for maybe 45 mins..while hooping. ive lost more weight, but more importantly ive toned up a LOT! lost the skin under my chin, tightened up my legs, arms and belly (both flubber layers of belly..)

please.. if you have questions. ask. go on youtube and look up hula hoop exercise and hoopdancing how to. that's really all it takes to a new more firm and fun you i promise! Im a hoop addict. it's the most fun i have had with clothes on!!

Ive had lap band surgery... im now on the border of 200lbs..was well over 325 (350 prior to surg but lost a bit) :D

I have issues with exercise. I only take in about 900 calories a day (my goal is to get up to 1200) so i can't exercise or I burn those precious calories off. Very frustrating. I'm excited to see what y'all are doing.

Hoola on!! 'Hope I can re-learn the art/exercise after my surgery...am waiting on a date...then hope to join the hula hooping crowd! :p

It does sound fun but I don't know if I can relearn it..what do you think?? I did it when I was a kid..but definitely not since then!

I recently bought a 3lb hula hoop as well. Can't go for very long yet, but I'm working on it. I also started learning the TRX at my gym. Anyone else do that?

I have been stair climbing prior to surgery I climbed the tallest building in LA 74 flights now i am training at the aon building 60 flights and i am up to 45 flights on my second try and have 8 weeks left. I workout 3 to 4 times a week.

Back