• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hungry!

Hello and welcome. Which surgery did you have and how long do you have to be on clear liquid? I ask because, it will get a little easier, hunger wise, once you get to full liquids. They have a bit more bulk to them and will fill you up faster. Think the difference between water and a milk shake. Stay strong. You are doing amazing.

Wow. 5 days of clear liquids only?! No wonder you are hungry! They had me on full liquids before I left the hospital. In fact, they said they wouldn’t discharge me until I was able to comfortably drink about 6 oz of protein shake, along with tolerance to constantly sipping water.
Did you have some complications that caused them to keep you on clear liquids for so long?
I’m 11 days post-op from a bypass. It took me about a week to figure out what “hungry” felt like now but I rarely feel it. I space out my strained soups and protein shakes based on a daily protein goal rather than hunger.

Back