• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I am almost there!

Judith Williams

I saw my doctor today, and now only need 1 more visit before all the surgery requirements are completed. Down a total of 15 LBS so far, and bmi is finally under 50 for the first time in years! I am so excited, finally was able to talk to the doc about exactly what vitamins I should be taking after the surgery. There are so many to choose from and I hear so many different things from different people, so he made it easy for me. I feel so much better now. Life is good! Hope everyone is well and feeling hopeful in their journeys!

I saw my doctor today, and now only need 1 more visit before all the surgery requirements are completed. Down a total of 15 LBS so far, and bmi is finally under 50 for the first time in years! I am so excited, finally was able to talk to the doc about exactly what vitamins I should be taking after the surgery. There are so many to choose from and I hear so many different things from different people, so he made it easy for me. I feel so much better now. Life is good! Hope everyone is well and feeling hopeful in their journeys!
Congratulations! I just had my surgery two weeks ago. Lost nine lbs sense surgery date. Recovery isn't as hard as thought it would be. To me the hardest part was the two week pre-op liguid diet.i took the vitamin for two months before surgery so now is easy for me to do. You will do great. The anticipation is the hard part. I counted days then the hours.

Thanks Donna, I don't do well when I have to wait lol. Congratulations on finally having your own surgery and your weight loss! No matter what the struggles, I bet it feels so good to finally have that part over with so you can move on with your life and get healthy again. I expect the 2 weeks all liquid will be difficult for me too, but when I have to do something, I somehow find a way to make it work, so I am not too worried. Guess groceries will be a little cheaper those two weeks. Keep on keepin on!

Back