• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

i am getting the lap band in the next 3-4 wks.

Gigi50

i am trying to find a high protein shake at a reasonable price. there are so many. i got stressed out:( 1/2 hr into my search. can any one recommend anything or if u have done this search let me know.

i am trying to find a high protein shake at a reasonable price. there are so many. i got stressed out:( 1/2 hr into my search. can any one recommend anything or if u have done this search let me know.
I have bought the Gen Pro Medical grade protein powder, the tasteless one.... And it is really tasteless... Mix it with anything I have put it in water and crystal lite. With no taste alterations. Can find it all over the internet, I bought mine on amazon

I'm just curious why you decided to get the band and if the Dr was trying to talk you out of it? I was also going to get lap band but my Dr said they are actually looking at pulling that from approved bariatric surgeries. I changed to sleeve and will be having surgery on the 10 th of Feb.

I have had mine removed.. Had it for 6 yrs. I lost some weight cause the diet before and after... But overall gained more back. Now getting the Bypass, should have done that to begin with... But you also need to remember there are people out there that have had success with the lap band. I had food getting stuck with no fill. And it was eating what ever would not get stuck... Did everything possible test after test, till I gave up. Sorry dont' want to be downer, that was just my experience. Went to a support group where a few were loving it and doing great..... Best of luck, wishing you nothing but the best.

Back