• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I am new to this and just trying to learn.

TeeJay63

I am scheduled to have my surgery on January 6. Very nervous and worried about what the future holds. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and of course obesity. My family has been devastated by diabetes and I have lost my grand father, father, and brother due to this disease. I am trying to avoid the very real threat of renal failure as has been constant in my family. Hoping this procedure will give me edge I need to lose and keep off the weight.

You go girl! It's scary but it's a blessing. Once you have the surgery you can't cheat (at first) ive lost 30 in a month. It's like having an angel on my shoulder to slap the food out of my hand. I am 10 days post op and doing better everyday. Best thing I ever did.

Hi Chantal, thanks for the support, I appreciate that. "Best thing I ever did", is something I hear a lot from those who have gone forward with the life change, my wife and I sure hope it offers me the ability to do the things I used to enjoy.

Hello, like bud said alot of the issues will fix themselves as the weight comes off.. I believe this surgery will give you the edge you need. I'm thinking of it as it will keep you honest on what you eating and how much. I'm not sure which surgery your having, but with like the bypass you eat the wrong stuff ie cheat..... you will get the dumping syndrome, from what people have said that's not comfortable feeling... How is it going for you now?

I am scheduled to have my surgery on January 6. Very nervous and worried about what the future holds. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and of course obesity. My family has been devastated by diabetes and I have lost my grand father, father, and brother due to this disease. I am trying to avoid the very real threat of renal failure as has been constant in my family. Hoping this procedure will give me edge I need to lose and keep off the weight.
How did your surgery go?

Hello Everyone, I am now 7 days post surgery. I am feeling pretty good, pain is minimal and I went back to work yesterday. I am down about 27lbs since beginning my pre-surgical liquid only diet. I begin my full liquid portion of the diet tomorrow so looking forward to having some soup.

Hello Everyone, I am now 7 days post surgery. I am feeling pretty good, pain is minimal and I went back to work yesterday. I am down about 27lbs since beginning my pre-surgical liquid only diet. I begin my full liquid portion of the diet tomorrow so looking forward to having some soup.
Hi there. Way to go on getting back to work so soon. Awesome job on the weight loss!!!

Tomato soup is good but I also really enjoy Cambles veg beef.
The veg and beef is so soft it is tolerated easily.
I can eat almost anything in small amounts
Just eat slow.
Good luck

Tomato soup is good but I also really enjoy Cambles veg beef.
The veg and beef is so soft it is tolerated easily.
I can eat almost anything in small amounts
Just eat slow.
Good luck
I'm stuck on the soft foods diet for another 9 days, who's counting lol. 7 weeks total. I am hoping once I get on regular foods, the nausea will go away. Thanks for the beef soup tip.

Wow, I can't believe your Dr allowed you to go back to work after only a week, I took 3 weeks off and my first 2days back were hard,

Back