• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I bought my first size medium

Kathi_S

Yep it is true! I got a medium size sweater! I honestly didn't believe I'd ever be able to wear a medium! My husband was so pleased he told me to order 10 more for Christmas! I did not do order 10, but I did get a few more so that I'd have something nice to wear when the family is here, and because it made my husband so happy!

Attachments

• 20211210_181635~2.jpg
    20211210_181635~2.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 58
It's amazing how something a simple as medium sized top can make us feel on this amazing journey. You look absolutely beautiful!

I've never been a huge shopping fan. Since I had WLS I've had to shop more than I care to. When I was losing weight at a faster rate - it's like every few weeks I'd have to buy smaller sizes. I got tired of shopping and my husband noticed I needed smaller pants and such. I said if you're shopping I need smaller underwear. He gave me this leering creepy old dude grin and kept shaking his head up and down - he literally did everything but drool :rolleyes:. HUGE MISTAKE - he came home with bags from Victoria's Secret - the underwear - as I call it - he said its NOT underwear - they're PANTIES. Nope not even close - they were tiny scraps of fabric with strings. He was thrilled and so happy with himself. Me - not so much. I had to explain to him that I'd spent 50 year trying to keep things out of my crack - and bought me strings to intentionally put in my crack. It worked out well for both of us. But if I need new PANTIES I buy my own......

It's amazing how something a simple as medium sized top can make us feel on this amazing journey. You look absolutely beautiful!

I've never been a huge shopping fan. Since I had WLS I've had to shop more than I care to. When I was losing weight at a faster rate - it's like every few weeks I'd have to buy smaller sizes. I got tired of shopping and my husband noticed I needed smaller pants and such. I said if you're shopping I need smaller underwear. He gave me this leering creepy old dude grin and kept shaking his head up and down - he literally did everything but drool :rolleyes:. HUGE MISTAKE - he came home with bags from Victoria's Secret - the underwear - as I call it - he said its NOT underwear - they're PANTIES. Nope not even close - they were tiny scraps of fabric with strings. He was thrilled and so happy with himself. Me - not so much. I had to explain to him that I'd spent 50 year trying to keep things out of my crack - and bought me strings to intentionally put in my crack. It worked out well for both of us. But if I need new PANTIES I buy my own......
LOL, I'm too old to even think about anything with strings! I'm all about comfort! If it isn't comfy, I'm not interested. Granny pants are fine with me, and I am really liking tunics and leggings!

Thank you everyone!

I have never been able to wear a size medium. Smallest was always a large. Even in high school boobies were huge even back then. I will say that I have lost size in the boobies since bariatric. I can wear padded bra now and not feel like an over zealous enhancer. Who knows I may get down to a medium, ( pipe dream?)

Back