• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I forgot about the boobs..

I know I needed to lose weight and there's been amazing changes so far, partly from surgery but I had lost 112 pounds before surgery. Still even with the hundred lb weight loss it didn't quite show yet and I had forgotten the hardest thing about being smaller... As I gained weight over the years my band size caught up with my cup size and buying bras had become so much easier. Now I'm nearly two months post op and the boobs aren't getting smaller but the band size is.. I had completely forgotten after all these years that I used to have to custom order bras. Now I'm in this situation where I can't find any to fit while also not able to dish out and waste money on one that will only fit for a short time. I tried sports bras but they aren't exactly made to fit an H cup.. anyone have any suggestions?

I had completely forgotten after all these years that I used to have to custom order bras. anyone have any suggestions?

eBay has EVERY bra you can imagine. The odd sizes, especially, are easy to find. And they are often sold in lots. I don't quite have to worry about cup size, but I'm between a D and DD, so I get all my delicates on eBay for cheap, just in case they don't fit well and I have to do a little sewing or cutting.

I know I needed to lose weight and there's been amazing changes so far, partly from surgery but I had lost 112 pounds before surgery. Still even with the hundred lb weight loss it didn't quite show yet and I had forgotten the hardest thing about being smaller... As I gained weight over the years my band size caught up with my cup size and buying bras had become so much easier. Now I'm nearly two months post op and the boobs aren't getting smaller but the band size is.. I had completely forgotten after all these years that I used to have to custom order bras. Now I'm in this situation where I can't find any to fit while also not able to dish out and waste money on one that will only fit for a short time. I tried sports bras but they aren't exactly made to fit an H cup.. anyone have any suggestions?

I work at Soma and they carry H-cup in store in some locations. I would call the nearest one so you can try them on, we are trained to help with bra fitting and most stores do not offer that anymore. I have helped many women find bras after weight-loss surgery. Every shop is different, but I hope there is a nice one near you. It's an emotional experience but so important for your comfort and fashion look going forward.

Third Love is amazing for this!!

Oo when I first lost weight I had the same issue. I’m pretty handy with a sewing machine so I would just tighten the band until I was done losing weight.

I had so many shifts in size, not only in the cup but up into the armpit. After much trial and error, not to mention measuring, I started buying all my bras on eBay. Check it out. There are people who must originate in manufacturing who will sell a dozen identical bras at a time, and it's pretty easy to retrofit them sothey're perfect for you.

Back