• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I give up....

Are you referring to Pate`?

Well not exactly I am not a fan of liver of any kind. I found a recipe online for potted meat and made it more suitable for my way of life. One of the best things about only eating 3 oz at a time is that I can cook once a week and have enough for the week if not two. I haven't used the recipe since getting away for the puree stage or I would have posted it.

Don't give up. You have come to far and have worked so hard to get here. I know that this is a bit discouraging but you will see the good results. Keep your head up.

I have decided to take a break from the scale. I am on soft foods now so I am having to watch my carb intake and protein and hopefully I will see a change in a few weeks.

I have decided to take a break from the scale. I am on soft foods now so I am having to watch my carb intake and protein and hopefully I will see a change in a few weeks.

You will do great..... Watch your fat intake as well.

When I first started eating real pureed foods I'd use a lil bit of the olive oil mayo, about a teaspoon or 2 to help keep my meats / proteins moist.

Keep your carbs to your allowed veggies and fruits for the time being.

You can do it...... ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Im so upset all the pain and time missed from work. 5 weeks without solid foods and for what? Not a damn thing. Surgery was 3 weeks ago and I see people that had surgery the same day saying "yay im down 10, 15, 20 pounds since surgery". What do I have to say "oh im up 3 freaking pounds since surgery" I didn't go through all this crap to freakin gain weight I can do that on my own.

Im so frustrated and in tears. I've done everything I am supposed to and put in the work for nothing. I already feel like a big fat failure.

I know it must feel frustrating, but you did not give up because you came here for help and support. Do not compare yourself to others it will make you feel less than or superior. Both are not true. It is your path. Talk to your NUT and send her what you are eating. Each program is different so I think I can only tell you what worked for me and you decide if there is something you can take from it. At 3 weeks post op I was only consuming about 400 calories. My NUT wanted my calories up to about 700 and in time they did come up. I am thinking that your calorie intake might be higher as you started at a higher weight, which means you can lose consuming more calories. As stated it is all about protein. You will lose faster if you limit your carbs. I will not go over 40-50 grams a day now. In the beginning it was much lower. Please give yourself time. You did lose weight pre-op so you know you can do it. You are losing inches which counts. I was not a fast loser, but I did not care. I know if you stick with your program you will lose and your life will change. Sending hugs your way.

Back