• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I have bad news.......

booboo709

I didn't have my surgery. The doctors stopped it. I have to have a heart catheterization done before I can have my surgery uugggg. Feeling fustraded and very mad and sad. I was all the way in just before Anastasia it all ...STOPPED.... I don't know if I want to have it now all that time I put into it just for nothing. I don't know maybe if someone gives me a good enough reason to go for it then maybe I will change my mind but I have to think it out. Well sorry for the bad news but I told everyone I would update so this is it for now.....

I didn't have my surgery. The doctors stopped it. I have to have a heart catheterization done before I can have my surgery uugggg. Feeling fustraded and very mad and sad. I was all the way in just before Anastasia it all ...STOPPED.... I don't know if I want to have it now all that time I put into it just for nothing. I don't know maybe if someone gives me a good enough reason to go for it then maybe I will change my mind but I have to think it out. Well sorry for the bad news but I told everyone I would update so this is it for now.....

I would think the only reason your surgeon stopped the surgery right before he started is because your heart must have shown some sign of problems like maybe a clogged artery or something. It's best to get that checked out and once everything is fine then why not go for the surgery. I had a catheterization done and my heart was good but my husband had one done and he needed a stent put in and then he was fine. They can do the catheterization in a couple hours it's no big deal. Once everything is good you could possibly be ready for weight loss surgery in a few days.

Good luck!

Cheyenne

Boo boo, I'm so sorry. I still think you should go through with it. After all you've been through a lot to get there. Let them fix your heart first. Then, go ahead with the surgery. It will be well worth it. Good luck.

Boo boo, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. You must be upset to the max. But have you ever heard the old saying that things happen for a reason.? Maybe that is what happen to you. The doctors won't do something that they feel there might be a problem. You are a young lady hopefully you had the heart catheterization and maybe everything was good or they fixed it. I have had 3 heart caths in my life so far but I am hoping that maybe by losing the weight I won't have to have anymore. I am doing it for precaution now. I should have done 10 yrs. ago. You are young you have already went through the work for your surgery maybe you should think some more on it. Hope you are doing well. Let us know if there is any changes ok. Best Wishes.:)

I too had a heart caterization. However, we did this up front since it was known that I have some level of heart disease. Turns out I was OK for surgery and since the surgery my heart disease has been diminished.

So, it only makes sense to continue your journey and have your surgery.

Ralph

I know it is easy to get discouraged. My dr called me an hour before I was set to leave my house to tell me that my surgery had to be postponed. The pre-test found a growth near/on my lung. I had to ring out what it was and get it treated before being cleared for surgery. It added 2 mos to the process and a lot of paperwork for insurance and office but was glad they took the precaution.

BooBoo==It is a good thing they noticed something was going on with your heart and didnt do the operation. The extra stress of anesthesia and surgery could have been very dangerous. I agree with Cheyenne=They need to do what they need to do to fix the heart issue and then you can move forward with your surgery. Then you should also be safe to exercise after surgery which should increase your success. Good Luck!!

Dee

Back