• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I look so weird to myself

Frederica

Hey everyone,
After 2 years and 7 mos. post surgery I have loss 115lbs. Going from 3 and 4 x to large and mediums/ 14 and 16 I am starting to feel uncomfortable with myself. Being this small feel kinda weird. Seeing and feeling bones, feeling smaller...looking at current pictures and almost not recognizing myself. Is anyone else trippin like this...And what makes it so odd I still have about 35lbs to go...

Hi. I haven't had surgery yet but I can imagine being shocked at discovering the new you is pretty cool. I grew up skin and bones so this is a flip side for me but I think I will still be amazed to be a medium. Hope you grow comfortable with being able to do the things that would seem like a new discovery for you. Some have mentioned being able to walk better, see their toes and such. It's going great that you are achieving. Congratulations!!

Hey everyone,
After 2 years and 7 mos. post surgery I have loss 115lbs. Going from 3 and 4 x to large and mediums/ 14 and 16 I am starting to feel uncomfortable with myself. Being this small feel kinda weird. Seeing and feeling bones, feeling smaller...looking at current pictures and almost not recognizing myself. Is anyone else trippin like this...And what makes it so odd I still have about 35lbs to go...
Yes I've lost 117 lbs and have 32 to 42 more to lose. I'm in size 14 jeans now haven't been there for over 20 years! But I am happy, except for the loose skin.

Hi. I haven't had surgery yet but I can imagine being shocked at discovering the new you is pretty cool. I grew up skin and bones so this is a flip side for me but I think I will still be amazed to be a medium. Hope you grow comfortable with being able to do the things that would seem like a new discovery for you. Some have mentioned being able to walk better, see their toes and such. It's going great that you are achieving. Congratulations!!
Thanks for those encouraging word...i guess this to shall past take ....

I love the feel of my bones lol, sounds crazy, but being heavy my whole life, and now wearing a size 8 and 10 pants and medium shirts, those clothes are so darn cute, why don't they make clothes like that for everyone, but best of luck on your new body, embrace it, love it

Hey Tracy thanks for your reply...yes I love the clothes and especially the affordable prices> I'm getting there. I think I'm going to contact the doctor that approved me for the surgery and see if I can have sessions with him...he was pretty cool. Oh by the way...you look great...I got to get a pic up soon take care

Hey everyone,
Congrats on your loss! It is a strange feeling. I hit 117# down today and have 76# to go. I have been heavy for 22 years, so I am enjoying this new me, but noticing that the fat hid some of the wrinkles in my face and then having the flapping arms and dropping boobs. Can do without those. Consider them my badges of honor though.

Hey Chris..Yes at 61 the wrinkles are coming in a mile a minute...lol I'm using all kinds of creams and ointments and I can slap some one with the loose skin on my arms...lol I guess that is the down side of the surgery...but I'm healthy and have more energy so...I got to deal with it...thanks for your reply take care

Hey Chris..Yes at 61 the wrinkles are coming in a mile a minute...lol I'm using all kinds of creams and ointments and I can slap some one with the loose skin on my arms...lol I guess that is the down side of the surgery...but I'm healthy and have more energy so...I got to deal with it...thanks for your reply take care
Hi Frederica. I'm sure you look beautiful with those wrinkles and loose skin! Being healthy and having energy has to have some pay offs.

Back