• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I need help... Please!!!

Paige Nugent

Ok I have a BIG question that I need help with. Ok to start out with I have Lupus and I get ivig infusions once a month. Well I had the sleeve done Dec 1st and so I'm only 5 months into losing weight n stuff but I have lost almost 50 lbs already but my Lupus has been active for the past 3 months and I have been on a lot of steroids and stuff also bc it being active. But my big thing right now is I'm losing a lot of my hair, I mean it's coming out in chunks and idk what to do. I mean idk if it's bc of my surgery or my Lupus or what it is from. Can u please try to help me bc it's really been bad upsetting honestly, that I'm really regretting the surgery when I shouldn't feel this way bc I had to have the surgery. Can u ask others that has had the surgery if they have had this problem and if so what did they do to help it. Or if there's any other Lupus patients out here that has had the surgery that's had this problem. I just need help!! Please!! I'm begging!! Thank u so much!!

Do not worry, most everyone loses their hair after surgery. Mine came out by the handfuls. It will come back fine. It's partially due to the anesthesia but mostly from the change in nutrition because right after surgery it's hard to get enough protein in. Eat more eggs, fish, and meat and just be sure and get enough protein in every day. Never ever miss your vitamins and supplements, I am will be 3 yrs out in June and NEVER EVER miss mine. I feel so healthy now it's amazing!

Good Luck,

Cheyenne

Back