• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I need help!

Stephanie Rudy

I live in Osceola County, St. Cloud, Fl. I am so messed up. I had the Gastric Bypass (RNY) about 4 yrs ago. I only lost half the weight I should have to begin with. Over the last 2 years, especially lately, I have gained back 50 pounds of what I lost. I crave sugar really bad. I have a hard time with eating mainly protein, so I splurge a lot with processed food and carbs. I do cook mainly low carb for my husband, but I have a hard time following for myself. I am saddened by my weight gain, but more so worried about my health, as some of my co-morbidities have returned, like sleep apnea and constant pain. I am always so worn out. I do take vitamins. If you have any ideas on how to get back on track I would appreciate it immensely

I live in Osceola County, St. Cloud, Fl. I am so messed up. I had the Gastric Bypass (RNY) about 4 yrs ago. I only lost half the weight I should have to begin with. Over the last 2 years, especially lately, I have gained back 50 pounds of what I lost. I crave sugar really bad. I have a hard time with eating mainly protein, so I splurge a lot with processed food and carbs. I do cook mainly low carb for my husband, but I have a hard time following for myself. I am saddened by my weight gain, but more so worried about my health, as some of my co-morbidities have returned, like sleep apnea and constant pain. I am always so worn out. I do take vitamins. If you have any ideas on how to get back on track I would appreciate it immensely
Hi Stephanie, I purchased a book off of Amazon titled "Back On Track After Weight Loss Surgery: It's Not Too Late! Lose Your Weight For Good This Time! " by Thomas Clark, MD. Perhaps you will find the book informational. I've read a few chapters and it has given me incentive to get back on track. I'm 3 years post op, have lost 60 pounds and am currently on a plateau because I'm eating all the wrong things. I also bought the book, A Pound of Cure: Change Your Eating and Your Life, One Step at a Time by Matthew Weiner, MD, from Amazon.

Do not give up hope. The fact that you have posted on the support group board shows that you still want to give it a go.

My major issue is exercise, rather lack of. Went to gym several times a week prior to surgery, never got fully back to it. Recently rejoined a warm salt water pool which I love, but is closed right now for cleaning/maintenance. I have some light weights at home and try to use them. A friend sent me resistance bands shortly after surgery but I have not tried them. Find it difficult to get out walking, etc. when cold but know I am capable. Also having some not so good carbs at this time of year. What motivates some of you to exercise?

HEY STEPHANIE, I JUST HAD MINE DONE 6 MONTHS AGO AND I'M FEELING LIKE YOU RIGHT NOW. I'M SCARED, DISAPPOINTED, CAN'T SLEEP, AND OTHER HEALTH ISSUES WITH PAIN ALMOST EVERYDAY. MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON LOSEING THE WEIGHT AND WE CAN TRY TOGETHER TO STAY ON TRACK. I COULD USE A PARTNER. NO SUPPORT HERE AT ALL.

My major issue is exercise, rather lack of. Went to gym several times a week prior to surgery, never got fully back to it. Recently rejoined a warm salt water pool which I love, but is closed right now for cleaning/maintenance. I have some light weights at home and try to use them. A friend sent me resistance bands shortly after surgery but I have not tried them. Find it difficult to get out walking, etc. when cold but know I am capable. Also having some not so good carbs at this time of year. What motivates some of you to exercise?

EXCERCISE IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR ME TOO. MAINLY I LIVE IN A TOWN WITH NO GYM AND I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION(10 MILES) TO GET THERE. I I HAVE OTHER HEALTH ISSUES THAT REALLY SLOW DOWN MOVEMENT. BUT I'M WILLING TO PUSH PAST ALL THAT AND TRY. NEED SOME HELP.

Back