• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I want my butt back!

MontyPooka

Hello,
I am new to this support group. I had surgery 2/25/19. Starting weight of 299.8 lbs and now am 242.8 pounds. I do a lot of walking, I bike occasionally and use my rower for exercise. I also do squats a lot. Growing up I was really active and always had a curvy figure. I think I attached part of my identity with being curvy. My favorite part of my body was my butt. I always had a round and firm butt. Currently, I have a no muscle, flat and flabby butt. I really hate it and it's a huge downer. All my new smaller sized pants are saggy in the butt. I want to feel excited but can't help but mourn my butt being gone as weird as that sounds. My doctor advised to keep with my current workouts and make sure I meet my protein goals. I am doing this but I am frustrated. Does anyone have suggestions on something they did to regain their butt muscle again or is having a flat butt part of my life I need to accept now?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I can sort-of relate. My tush doesn't seem to be shrinking but my breasts certainly are!

I know it's better to be healthy and it should be expected but I'm still mourning the loss of 'um. ;)

On this topic, anyone else looking into reconstructive surgery once your loss has stabilized? Since my surgery in March, I've been addicted to researching tummy tucks, breast lifts and brachiosty on https://www.realself.com/.

I can sort-of relate. My tush doesn't seem to be shrinking but my breasts certainly are!

I know it's better to be healthy and it should be expected but I'm still mourning the loss of 'um. ;)

On this topic, anyone else looking into reconstructive surgery once your loss has stabilized? Since my surgery in March, I've been addicted to researching tummy tucks, breast lifts and brachiosty on https://www.realself.com/.

My breasts definitely have shrunk from a DD to a C...and I have a lot further to go with the weight loss. I guess I am not so upset about them because I also was under the notion I could get a breast lift after I have kind of stabilized in weight loss. I have started to research plastic surgery and am really weary of getting my butt done. I am hoping I can just build a lot of muscle in my butt again. I definitely wouldn't mind a tummy tuck and breast lift for myself though. I find it so strange and never expected I would be so upset about my body changing. I am trying to focus on the positive changes though.

Ladies, I wondered about that. I know my booty-flatty is hereditary, and the only reason I have one now is because of my weight (252). My surgery is 07/29, and the one thing I've come to terms with is losing it. I've wondered about the double chin shrinkage....hoping it doesn't wobble afterwards. So it is reasonable to "grieve" some of the loss, huh? @MontyPooka, DD to C? I'm a DD....so I guess those will flatten out too. :-(

So it is reasonable to "grieve" some of the loss, huh?

In my opinion, yes! We've lived in these larger bodies for years and many of us (especially women) learned to focus on specific features that make us feel attractive. I was also a full DD and enjoyed showing off my cleavage. It took the focus off all other parts of my body that I was ashamed of. I grew to love those DDs! They were almost a protective shield.

That said, I'll trade in a couple cup sizes to reveal pretty shoulders, a flat tummy, and sexy back. I'll learn to adore those features as I did my chest. ;)

Hello,
I am new to this support group. I had surgery 2/25/19. Starting weight of 299.8 lbs and now am 242.8 pounds. I do a lot of walking, I bike occasionally and use my rower for exercise. I also do squats a lot. Growing up I was really active and always had a curvy figure. I think I attached part of my identity with being curvy. My favorite part of my body was my butt. I always had a round and firm butt. Currently, I have a no muscle, flat and flabby butt. I really hate it and it's a huge downer. All my new smaller sized pants are saggy in the butt. I want to feel excited but can't help but mourn my butt being gone as weird as that sounds. My doctor advised to keep with my current workouts and make sure I meet my protein goals. I am doing this but I am frustrated. Does anyone have suggestions on something they did to regain their butt muscle again or is having a flat butt part of my life I need to accept now?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Have you watched Skin tight on HULU?

Back