• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Idk what to eat. Everything tastes weird

LowkeyBro

Seems like everything I eat and drink has a bad aftertaste or it makes me feel weird. Even when I crave something, after I eat, I just feel weird.

I never know what to eat and lately have been eating once or twice a day. It’s like I’m at a point of idk what to eat and what I should eat.

now that I’m 6 weeks out, I can eat more but I never try and eat certain things I used to like, bc I can’t eat much. I’m so tired of salmon and tuna, and eggs.

This can’t be right

I think this is a phase and there are a lot of reasons why you're going through it, but those reasons aren't obvious.

Sounds like you're kind of edgy and zoomy, maybe. I'd suggest you sit down, breathe deeply, get out your journal and write down our thoughts as they flood into your head.

Then take action if you can, if some of your thoughts point to tasks or burdens. But keep the journal close, and as your thoughts come in, notice what food urges might come along. Identify the foods you see or crave and write them down. Then acquire them, and using your good sense, weigh and measure as many foods as you need to satisfy your mind's urges.

No matter how hard you try to stuff feelings down, they'll find a way out. If you can take the lead, you will be prepared for these crazy feelings.

Seems like everything I eat and drink has a bad aftertaste or it makes me feel weird. Even when I crave something, after I eat, I just feel weird.

I never know what to eat and lately have been eating once or twice a day. It’s like I’m at a point of idk what to eat and what I should eat.

now that I’m 6 weeks out, I can eat more but I never try and eat certain things I used to like, bc I can’t eat much. I’m so tired of salmon and tuna, and eggs.

This can’t be right

I know the feeling. I'm 6 weeks out also and used to love hamburgers with bluecheese. So I cooked up a bluecheese hamburger patty and had to give it to the dog after one bite! I could not handle the taste! My new stomach didn't even have a say, it was all tastebuds. Oh well, back to the eggs, fish, and chicken. Hopefully my tastebuds come around in a few months as I'm thinking of trying some pulled pork.

I know the feeling. I'm 6 weeks out also and used to love hamburgers with bluecheese. So I cooked up a bluecheese hamburger patty and had to give it to the dog after one bite! I could not handle the taste! My new stomach didn't even have a say, it was all tastebuds. Oh well, back to the eggs, fish, and chicken. Hopefully my tastebuds come around in a few months as I'm thinking of trying some pulled pork.
Yes. I think acid reflux is starting to play a role as well. When I eat, no matter what I feel funny and uneasy in my stomach. Antacids help with that

Back