• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm another Newbie! Hello!

Welcome NannieRN Surgery tomorrow was really excited...still am, but getting a little nervous too :) Good luck! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Lori

Crymsynslady, How are you doing so far? My surgery is tomorrow and I'm excited/nervous! :)
Hello Lori_Banal the first couple of days was a bit ruff for me, but let me tell you way, i have 4 procedures done at one time two where unexpected so i had more pain then if i would have just had the by-pass by its self. Im on puree foods this week and so far so good, just take it slow and one day at a time. remember to sip sip sip! thats the key dont over do it your body is going to tell you if it likes what you are doing to it or not. Let me know how you feel once your at home and able to get on the computer.

Hi NannieRN Welcome, Congratulations I am very excited for you, your day is real close, hang in there and let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Hey all! Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Surgery this Thursday! Excited!

welcome NannieRN, you're lucky your surgery date is almost here.
I assume by being a RN you know what to expect and are well prepared for your new healthy journey. come back and let the rest of us know how your surgery went and how you are doing.
there are many friendly people here and they're always sharing and answering ? for everybody. I love this room.
good luck will say a prayer for you too.
Donna

Hi NannieRN ,, I am new here to ,,just had the sleeve done on 4/20,12 myself n i feel great,,it was a lil scary going in and there was a lil bit of pain for about 12 hours after,but walk as much as you can n listen to the staff,, just remember walk a lot n when you do get to have fluids ,,sip ,sip ,sip, it takes me 30 - 45 minutes to drink my protien shake n i can only do about 5 oz. but just wait,,,jello is a new concept,,,with the sleeve i can feel it jiggling all the way down. lol. but if your like me this will improve your quality of life a lot.thanks for reading n the best of luck

That is interesting that you can feel the jello jiggling all the way down, does that creep you out>?? any advice for someone who has a hard time sipping beverages?? My surgery should be coming up next month, and I am kinda nervous.

welcome deryk1965

congratulations on your weight loss you've already had, were you on some strict diet before the surgery? my son wants to have the sleeve surgery. I have signed up to have the bariatric where your stomach is size of golf ball. my son's weighs over 400 and has recently loss 18 lbs which made him very happy with himself.
sounds like things are working out well for you. keep comming back sharing, other's "posts' tend to help other's in here, this is the best chat site I 've ever been too.
have a good day
donna

Deryk
I just had the sleeve done on Tuesday. I have such a hard time coming out of anestesia that I had dry heaves for 20 hours straight. I couldn't even open my eyes for 25 hours afterwards, I was awake but just that groggy. Is it normal to have cramps/spasms everytime you swallow something? It's hard for me to drink much at all. The second I feel it hit my stomach I can feel the cramping start. Just wondered if anyone else had this and how long it takes to stop?
Thanks
Lori

Crymsynslady, How are you doing so far? My surgery is tomorrow and I'm excited/nervous! :)

once the pain went away which the same week i had surgery I'm doing really well, yesterday was a bit ruff i was nauseated the whole day but it might have been something i eat the night before. How are you doing? I'm doing great today :D

Hi deryk1965, we had our sleeve surgery the same day!! We are 1 week and 1 day out and I feel great too. I would love to talk to you. I too have tried jello (yum) and easy to go down. Cottage cheese mixed with pears or peaches (ground up of course) I just tried string cheese too. So good. Looks like with the sleeve surgery, we got back on our feet pretty quickly

once the pain went away which the same week i had surgery I'm doing really well, yesterday was a bit ruff i was nauseated the whole day but it might have been something i eat the night before. How are you doing? I'm doing great today :D

Today I'm having back pain between my shoulders, I guess it may be the gases moving around? I still have the same cramping sensation anytime I swallow anything and it hits my stomach. It's been alot rougher than I thought it was going to be. Just keep telling myself it's going to be worth it in the long run :) I can do this! I'm glad you're doing great today!

Wow I'm surprised you can eat the things you are, I can have jello and clear liquids for the first week, second week they don't have to be clear and can try things a bit thicker, but the cottage cheese they said to wait until about the third week and absolutely no fruit. Maybe just a difference in doctors? Glad you're back on your feet!

Lori-Try taking GasEx to see if it helps your pain. I had to use a lot if it for the first 4 weeks and still use it but not as often.

Hi all, just wanted to say everyone has slightly differant reactions to surgery, but i hope we all acheve the same results. But we all have pain at first ,just remember to sip your fluids, drink to fast and holla ouch,just like a kick in the guts. But the gas, walk as much as possible ,it does help.. now a neat ,easy recipe for all,,,,1.5 cups ice .25 cups light soy milk, 3 scoops of chocolate/peanutbutter protien powder,,blend for about 2 minutes on high,seperate into 4 oz. freezable bowles,freeze and there you go, healthy,tasty n dont hurt going down. ttys

Back