• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm another Newbie! Hello!

I'll get some GasEx and try it, at this point I'll try anything. The cramps are so bad that it doubles me over. I hope it wears off quick. I have only been able to eat about 8 teaspoons and then feel sick :( I've been walking every day just doing laps around my house and walking out to the mailbox. Today we went to WalMart and I think I may have over done it on the walking. Just trying to stay positive and focused :)
Thanks for your advice.

Lori, walking was the best way for me to get rid of the gas,and after 8 days i am walking 8 to 10 miles ,half in the am and half in the pm, it all really depends on you,but dont over do things,,i was up n walking in recovery ,so we are all a lil differant.But when you eat or drink ,small sips and sit up straight,,things go through easier that way,,some folks say gass-x helps to. I will be posting some easy recipies that i do here so follow the threads. n when you can do solid foods again go to diabetic gormet,,great site for recipies.

Ok all, just a new tip for you, after you can eat solid food again go to diabetic gormet, great site for low carb,suger free recipies. ttys

sipping water is the hardest to accomplish. I bought a large 64 oz cup and use sygar free flavors for the water. I carry ir arounf with me everywhere and I do get my fluids in. It sucks forgive the play on words. My cup has this great beach setting on it and is bright pink. so It's not exactly easy to lose.

sipping water is the hardest to accomplish. I bought a large 64 oz cup and use sygar free flavors for the water. I carry ir arounf with me everywhere and I do get my fluids in. It sucks forgive the play on words. My cup has this great beach setting on it and is bright pink. so It's not exactly easy to lose.patti

Hey NannieRN- also had my surgery this past week! Glad you can join me......and we are in NJ- but real Buckeyes at heart!

had my surgery on the same date.....really slow down the intake pace...like I am making a 3.5 oz jello cup last 15 minutes haha- that alone is an accomplishment- but the cramping has definately decreased

Sadie...it's nice to see someone else that had the same surgery and we had it on the same day as well. I didn't think if my cramping lasted another day I could handle it. They have subsided today for the most part with just a little pain with the first sip :) My doctors said they had not had anyone with that complaint? I'm down 14 pounds in 6 days. I'm sure mostly fuilds as i have not gotten in close to what they want me to due to the cramps/spasms I was having. I'm doing alot better today with already getting in about 30 ounces and I got 1/2 a protein shake in. I'm worried about the protein because I don't want to lose hair. Although they do have lots of wigs that look real and are cute. I'm just glad to be feeling so much better. I went back to work today, I'm a hairstylist and I made it great. Hoping the worst is over! Good luck Sadie!

Hi again all,,,just want to let you all know that the cramps will pass, walk as much as possible,,it really helps. Sip and chew carefully this also helps.Hope everyone has great results . Remember ,in the long run that this is a new beginning for a healthy life for you.

How soon can I have some cottage cheese if I blend it up even more fine? I just think if I had a little bit for something other than liquid it would settle my stomach but I don't want to do it to early either?

How soon can I have some cottage cheese if I blend it up even more fine? I just think if I had a little bit for something other than liquid it would settle my stomach but I don't want to do it to early either?

I was able to have cottage cheese 14 days after surgery. You need to follow the meal plan that was given to you by the nutritionist. If you weren't given any dietary guidelines you need to call the surgeon's office and ask for direction. I used GasEx which helped a great deal. It stopped the cramping and bloating as well as the gas.

Hi everyone I am a Newbie to this site. I had my surgery Nov 2010 and I havent regretted it for a min, I am so happy I found this forum to be able to talk to people that is going thru the samething as me

Hi everyone I am a Newbie to this site. I had my surgery Nov 2010 and I havent regretted it for a min, I am so happy I found this forum to be able to talk to people that is going thru the samething as me

Hi Netter, Welcom. Congratulations on the weight loss, there are a lot of great people here. I am sure you can be a great source of information and inspiration for those considering WLS. I had the RnY but on of my support groups has both band and bypass patients so I have learned a little bit. Your almost to your goal weight, hang in there. :cool: Tom

netter. welcome to the forum I had my rny in 2003 and I had a problem with some gain back after 5 years. I am within 32 lbs. of my goal weight now and I realize more each day that this is a lifelong jouney.patti

Back