• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

im doing no exercise at all

Shawnb77

i thought i was gonna be able to go to the gym after my surgery and barely now am i not sooooo tired :(.. but i plan to get back into the gym this month .. i have lost 51 lbs and am stuck at 213-215 right now i know if i start moving i will be able to lose more.

hi shawnb77
congratulations on the weight you've already loss, I have heard others talk about just walking a little bit more than one time a day and that counts as exercise, your body has went through alot, exercise has never seemed fun to be either, i like to read and walk on treadmill but i only have it at nbr 2 speed so i can hold the book, makes time go by faster, at least for a 20min walk sometimes longer. but i need to be using some weights to strengthen my body too according to dr. one day at a time. give yourself credit for what you've already accomplished, I bet you feel better too.
still waiting for my turn.
donna

Shawn-Congratulations on your weight loss!!! You're right on schedule, most of us start getting our energy back 2 or 3 months after surgery. Like Donna said, just do what you can without pushing yourself even if it's just a little walking. Make sure you are getting enough sleep and take naps when you feel tired during the day. Also make sure you are getting your protein and fluids in evey day. Rest and protein are key to healing and recovery after any surgery. Most of us see the scale stall for short time periods as we adjust to our new lifestyle.

Just in case you didn't know, ounce for ounce your protein drinks, sugar free popsicles and Jello count towards your daily fluid goal :) :) :)

I'm having trouble getting my protein in. I walk as I can, but they want me to do more protein...sometimes its just really hard to do...I am supposed to do at least 60 grams. I'm lucky if i can get 20 in. Hoping it gets better soon.

that id the only thing i do but where i live they have protein drinks with 30 grams inside of it so i drink 2 and bam there is my protein. for me its that sip sip sip.. of water that i can not get down mabey you have a sams club or a cosco thats where i find my Premier Nutrition protein shake at 30 g of protine and it tastes ok.. i was drinking isopure but the cost 5 bucks for one bottle an for me not to tasty just a thought hope you start keeping it down :)

I bought a stationary bike that has all the controls and bp reading and book and cup holder. I sam 7 weeks and started 4 days ago up to 13 minutes trying to add a minute a night. Untill I get to 30, You need to find somethingor your weight loss will be slower. First time it was hard now its easier.

I was having trouble getting all my protien in for a minute, then I was told I would lose my hair without enough of it. That got me on track... I love my hair!!! I started drinking carnation instant breakfast... my nutritionist said that was fine and it's almost like chocolate milk, just have to use 1/2 or 1 percent milk

Walking was my best bet after surgery. You don't have to set the world on fire, start with 10 minutes, even 5 and go from there. Grab a cart and walk around a store. Just leave your money in the car.

I'm 3 & 1/2 months out and feel like a new man !! I would lose my breath just walking down the street!!! Now I am walking all over the place and leaving people in the dust!! Feels awesome, the key is to exercise every other day to build up you stamina!! Good luck!

Back