• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm from Spokane WA...

LilHitch

I'm from Spokane Washington and looking for some support group members willing to share their experience with me. I'm retired (twice) and I have always worked with people who have disabilities. I've probably tried every diet imaginable and I keep gaining it back. Now I'm going to have RNY gastric bypass soon and I REALLY want this to be successful. I'm not terribly out going so thought I'd try to connect with an on-line group for support.

I'm from Spokane Washington and looking for some support group members willing to share their experience with me. I'm retired (twice) and I have always worked with people who have disabilities. I've probably tried every diet imaginable and I keep gaining it back. Now I'm going to have RNY gastric bypass soon and I REALLY want this to be successful. I'm not terribly out going so thought I'd try to connect with an on-line group for support.
Hi Lil. I had gastric bypass on 12/6. Have lost 30 lbs since surgery and 59 lbs since my initial visit with my doctor. Depending on what kind of pre surgery liquid diet you have to do, it can be kind of rough. I had to have nothing but protein shakes. By the end, they were coming up on me. I know that some members just have to do a liquid diet, so they are able to have broths, jello and pop cycles. Let me know what questions you have and I'll be glad to try and answer them.

Hello, I'm from Cheney, WA and I just had my RNY on the 23rd of January it's good to meet you.

Welcome to the group everyone here is very helpful

You are going to be fine. You have a community behind you.

Back