• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm home from my surgery!!!!

Congrats! You are going to be fine! Let us know is you need anything! Remember slow sips. And get some rest
don't forget:

Went to bed at 8:30 pm; now got up at 12:30 wide awake. I'm drinking the tiniest sips of water.
My biggest problem has been nausea drinking water. I was in recovery for 5 hours. I remember them asking me if I were in pain and nauseous, and I kept saying yes to both; I was in an out all that time. My incisions don't hurt too much. When I strain a bit to lie or sit down and get up they do.
I had 2 friends with me - my roommate and a good friend. The surgeon told them he was biopsying some spots on my liver. He also told them I didn't follow the liquid diet protocol, but I did follow it to the letter. I'm not sure what that was about.
So my new journey begins. I hope I don't get the horrible gas pain.
I entered the hospital at 8:30 am on Tuesday, and left 5 pm on Wednesday.
I have a one week post op visit with a PA.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Went to bed at 8:30 pm; now got up at 12:30 wide awake. I'm drinking the tiniest sips of water.
My biggest problem has been nausea drinking water. I was in recovery for 5 hours. I remember them asking me if I were in pain and nauseous, and I kept saying yes to both; I was in an out all that time. My incisions don't hurt too much. When I strain a bit to lie or sit down and get up they do.
I had 2 friends with me - my roommate and a good friend. The surgeon told them he was biopsying some spots on my liver. He also told them I didn't follow the liquid diet protocol, but I did follow it to the letter. I'm not sure what that was about.
So my new journey begins. I hope I don't get the horrible gas pain.
I entered the hospital at 8:30 am on Tuesday, and left 5 pm on Wednesday.
I have a one week post op visit with a PA.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Was it hard to walk in the hospital after the procedure?

Back