• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm hungry!!!

Is it possible that you aren't truly hungry but experiencing what they call head hunger? I get like that and then test myself to see if I am really hungry. If I am not truly hungry the food will come right back up....the only time that doesn't happen is when it is a popsicle, then I am fine. But I notice that if someone else is eating I tend to tell myself that I am hungry then try and eat something and it is the wrong move.

Maybe try a sugar free popsicle or something like that. It may help you not feel hungry and not upset your pouch as well. I am still learning what true hunger is, and that is tricky for me sometimes. There seems to always been someone eating around here and I have to know when not to eat and what not to eat. It's all a learning experience right now. I'm almost 6 weeks out and am starting to adjust. I take a tiny taste of something like if the family is having steaks, I will take 1 tiny bite, then just eat the sides that I know I can have.

Back