• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm Maya- another Newby here

MayaKim

Going into fourth month of pre-surgery classes. SO-- eating good tasting stuff is FUN. But I've heard that nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels. TELL me this is true please.

Going into fourth month of pre-surgery classes. SO-- eating good tasting stuff is FUN. But I've heard that nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels. TELL me this is true please.

WELCOME to the Forum, Maya!!! So glad you have joined us!!!

I have lost a great deal of weight but I still have a way to go. I can tell you that eating goodies is not near as fun as losing weight and fitting into smaller clothes. You feel so much better medically and emotionally as you drop the pounds. Food is fuel for your body, nothing more. The most important thing is to eat very slowly and stop eating when you are full so you don't stretch out your new tiny tummy. In the beginning, a couple tablespoons of applesauce will feel like you just ate a big Thanksgiving dinner. You will soon be on a path to a new and healthier life!

Good Luck to you! :)

Cheyenne

It's true but you can still eat some really great tasting food you just have to experiment in the kitchen. Prior to surgery I experimented with making some of my favorite foods bariatric friendly. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that can eat just about anything after surgery so I've had to really focus on cooking good foods and sticking with healthier alternatives. My experience has been amazing! I've gone from a size 26 to 12 so thin feels great and I have about 45 more pounds to go. Hang in there it is all worth it. Best wishes!

It is true. Most of my favorite foods don't taste so good anymore, or I'm satisfied with 1 cookie instead of a handful. I don't keep any junk in my house, but going to parties and gatherings is still a challenge, so I'm glad that ice cream and sweets and sodas just don't taste good. I recently went on a 2-week vacation and ate outside my meal plan and drank alcoholic drinks and was shocked to find I weighed exactly the same as the day I left.

Back