• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Im New Here

Hi Alice, awesome achievement! Congrats.

What kind of activity level are you at? Are you exercising regularly, and if so - what types? Are you getting some sunshine? Taking your vitamin regimen every day? You are obviously eating the right amount of calories - what kind of calories are they? Are you getting good nutrition, lots of fruits and veggies? You have a partner / friend / family member to keep you motivated and active and interested in whats next?

I had no energy until I forced myself to start exercising, mostly because I started feeling like a deflated balloon and could visibly see muscle loss. A couple weeks of struggle, then the energy came. Now I'm doing a lot...running at least 3 days per week; weight lifting 3 days weekly, and then cycling 1-2 weekly along with walking 2-3 miles 2-3 days weekly. Sounds like a lot, but it's an hour or less per day on average. And now I have so much energy I want to do more and more, and actually restrain myself in fear of overdoing and injury. When I wake up I am ready to go...and I'm alert all day long until bed time when I crash like a rock. This is so cliche, but I feel better right now than I can every remember feeling; maybe I'm only now just starting to really pay attention.

Hi Everyone, it's been a year for me and I'm down a 103lbs, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any feedback on what I can do for energy. I just have been feeling so tired, any suggestions please
I wish I had a good answer for you but I am wondering the same thing myself right now. For the past several weeks I had been very low energy and wanting a nap about midday. After this first week back to work, I'm completely wiped out! I exercise five days a week, I take my b12, my last blood test just a couple of months ago showed that all of my levels are excellent.... I'm just dragging. This week I did start taking my b12 vitamin a little after midday instead of first thing in the morning and that has helped a little bit. But I do think I will try Taxman's advice and maybe add some protein around the same time I do the b12 vitamin and see what happens with that. It certainly can't hurt to try :)

Back