• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm over a month since

I'm over a month since my bypass surgery and I was wondering can I eat at places like Arbby's
??
if the only thing I order is their traditional Roast Beef Sandwhich ?
And what other places can I order from
Here are a few thoughts.
  • ask your team
  • wouldn't this menu item be something that led to your weight gain in the first place?
  • if approved, you could get the sandwich, cut it in four bits and put one or two bits into a blender to puree
  • mostly, just ask yourself why you'd want the sandwich instead of a bariatric meal based on your nutritionist's list
cravings don't go away because you had the surgery. but losing weight has a lot of effects on your desire to eat. My experience has been that I get cravings, but if I choose to put together a meal high in protein and small in amount, I feel much better.

I thought because Arby's slow roast their beef it would okay to eat on very rear ocations
and I realize that there a real good chance that there woud be a low to medium salt used for seasoning
that was part of my unsurences and why I asked the question.

I thought because Arby's slow roast their beef it would okay to eat on very rear ocations
and I realize that there a real good chance that there woud be a low to medium salt used for seasoning
that was part of my unsurences and why I asked the question.
I would always advise anyone with a dietary question to take it to your surgeon or nutritionist, not a support group. Of course, our job is to refer you to your medical team! It's just obvious and it happens to everyone, that we always want the old food we used to eat, forever and ever, but it's important to stop for a second and ask yourself, "Why do I want to eat that?" Most of us became obese because we ate too much and chose badly. Depend on your team and be honest with yourself. Especially in the beginning, it's important to do exactly what your post-op nutritionist tells you to do.

Back