• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm worried I'm eating too much HELP

I've had to stay away from smoothies at this point in the process. Every time I make one (and it sounds similar to what you make) I find that I consume too many carbs and calories for that day. It's a learning process. You need to find what works for you, and if it doesn't fit into the plan, drop it for now. There are lots of other choices for your daily meal plan. I know it's discouraging when you eat something healthy, but it's still "bad" for you right now. Because your focus right now is to lose the weight.
I saw your comment about staying away from smoothies in the early stages of the weight loss process after surgery. What types of smoothies are you talking about, or what is added to these to make them become a problem? I am curious because I have been making a lot of these but I usually only use milk and banana's or occasional mango pieces to it. I did once add some Noosa yoghurt, but it is usually just banana's and milk only. When I do make these the drink lasts for several hours as I can't drink much at one time.

Back