• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

In 6 month requirements process for Bypass

Baileycat35

Hi all! I am in process of meeting the 6 month pre surgery requirements, I should have them all completed in November. I am 55 years old. Lost my job during Covid as I am a corporate Events Manager and the event industry was devastate. Its coming back, but highly competitive since so many lost jobs. Its almost 3 years without a permanent role! My marriage of 28 years also ended in a sudden devastating way. So life has been highly stressful, but the light at this point is my state insurance will cover the surgery and kick off rebuilding of a new life. I have been wanting this surgery for about 3 years. Thinking about it and exploring for 5 years. I am ready and would do it tomorrow if there wasnt the 6 month waiting window. Im here for education and inspiration and I work through my qualification.

I love that you are taking positive steps to improve your life after so many negative changes! The 6 months seem like a long time to wait, but actually fly by. I cannot express all the wonderful ways that WLS changed my life. I hope it is the same for you.

We are always here to answer questions or just listen. Good luck to you.

I love that you are taking positive steps to improve your life after so many negative changes! The 6 months seem like a long time to wait, but actually fly by. I cannot express all the wonderful ways that WLS changed my life. I hope it is the same for you.

We are always here to answer questions or just listen. Good luck to you.
Thank you! I am looking forward to positive changes. Am determined to reinvent myself and live the life I want. My heart has been broken, but God is good. Its time for ME now. Kids are grown and I can live on my own terms now.

Back