• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Insulin resistant surgery in 90+days need plan for reducing 3-5% type 1 diabetic

doble

Post partum twin birth: weight at birth 402lbs.........became insulin dependent during pregnancy now insulin resistant. Current weight 331lbs need to a reduction of 3-5% before surgery YnR can be scheduled. Any help or ideas on approach for this amount. Has anyone gone on liquid diet and take insulin? Thank you for your time.

I wish I knew. I'd call my diabetic nutritionist or Bariatric nut. I'd ask for a meal plan to make it easier for myself. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll make it soon.

Talk to your Dr. about doing a daily 12 hour fast... My insulin resistance has gotten much better following this time schedule set by my PCP..
My PCP had me stop eating at 6 pm and nothing more until I got up in the morning.
I found that another big help for me was to make sure I had breakfast at the same time every morning, take my vitamin D & magnesium...
He also had me start walking and swimming to help..

Back