• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Insurance denial

Medicmurray

I'm freaking out!! My insurance has denied coverage 6 days before surgery!! I'm so distraught all this week for 3 months and now what a let down. Any suggestions on what I can do?!

This this happens once in a while and it seems to be pro-forma. It's almost like they roll the dice and arbitrarily pick out a certain number of claims to deny. At this point your surgeon should be contacting your provider with a rebuttal. He or she needs to make the company understand it's not elective for you to have this surgery. I think most surgeons know what they have to say to get past a denial. Like I said it's pro-forma. Have you spoken with your surgeon? By the time you see this reply, you may already have been re-approved, but don't let that stop you. Make sure that you stand up for yourself. They've had plenty of time to deny you so it's actually on them to explain why they let you go through the pre-surgical process only to deny you. Make your calls let us know how it goes

Back