• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

insurance

is anyone using medicaid to get the surgery and if so how long does it take medicaid to do the pre-authorzation to say i get get it done?

Hi Twinkle, Welcome. I am not sure the difference between medicade and medicar but there are folks on here who are recieving that and have had the surgery, it seems like it varies by state but I think they were saying between 6 and 8 months. :cool: Tom

well i have my surgical consult this friday and i have 3 classes to do then i was told that medicaid pays 100% but the dr.office still needs to do a pre-auth but i didnt know how long for medicaid to get back to say go ahead so I can get a surgery date cause my medicaid runs out the end of july and I have to have the surgery before then

If you have done the pre op test such as a psychological eval, liver ultra sound and visit with the diatician, ther really isn't much after that but a visit with the surgon and a visit with some of the medical team. That seems to be standard for everyone however your bariatric doctor may require more tests depending on your medical history, most of those can be scheduled with the other tests. It would seem that you are very close, I pray everything lines up for you, it can be very frustrating sometimes whether it be an insurance company or medicaid. :cool: Tom

Back