• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Intense Neck Pain

Hi all-
This is my first post and I’m hoping I can get some feedback or ideas…. I had surgery on 10/25 and have been recovering fairly well, don’t feel dehydrated, (not quite getting in 64oz) but tolerating liquid fine. The problem that I’m having is, starting day 2/3 post-op I’ve had INTENSE neck pain?!? It’s isolated to my neck. I’ve read a little bit about the ‘gas pain’ that sometimes occurs but this is isolated to my neck (not shoulders) and it’s awful! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Welcome, Penelope Rae. I think Suthy is right, and I think it's gas pain or somehow a result of surgery. But this is a question you need to ask a doctor. We have a tendency to attribute every pain or new discomfort to surgery after we have it. It could be unrelated, and anytime you have pain, that's your body telling you something. It's best not to assume you know what it's from, unless you're a doctor and expert. WLS is a complicated biological transformation and many things can happen. But you can have completely unrelated stuff going on, and you shouldn't suffer through it without help. Call your doctor.

Back