• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduce myself

Hi mt name is Terri, just thought I would say hi, am new here.
Did my surgery in April. Doing well.

Last edited:
Hi my name is karan,i am getting ready for the sugery august 12 , how r u doing? Any sugestions for a newb

Hey Karen,
There is a lot to say. I think the surgery was easy compared to after. Nothing prepares you mentally for what is going to happen. After surgery and you feel a little better you are going to want to eat food. Know that you can't. Not just yet. Everything needs to heal. I was sitting here thinking in early days @#$%& did I do to myself. Can't go back. You might feel buyers remorse. That will pass. You will get to eat food again. I eat pizza, it takes me 3 days to eat one slice, but I eat pizza. Everyone is different in regard to what their pouch can tolerate. I eat fruit and all kinds of vegs.
When you can start on soft food. Stick to cottage cheese, greek yogurt, all kinds of beans are high in protein, eat a scrambled egg, bread will give you a problem, why bother anyway, not much protein. Take your vitamins, and supplements.
I am battling thinning hair right now. I take Biotin pills, do protein and still.... it will pass. I hope. I know it will slow down and grow back.:cool:

Hi, I am Angela and I too am new here. Just actually had another of many appointments before my surgery, no date is set yet and I am extremely nervous about everything.

Back