• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction

Skinnyxo

Hello everyone.

I am 35 years old and I got my gastric sleeve done last week.
10/10/13
Highest weight: 275
Current weight: 257

I'm here to hopefully get some support from people like me.
I don't have much support from family.
I hope everyone is doing fine and I'm looking forward on reading all of your posts.

We are here for you, you are doing well. Stay in touch and keep up the great work. Drink drink drink, protein protein protein, walk walk walk. All the best.

Hi Skinnyxo.. We are here for you! We all understand what you are going through believe me. How are you feeling? How are you doing on your liquid diet?

Thanks

Thank you msbecki and Cheyenne.
I'm doing great thank God!! The liquid diet went well. I had my first post op appointment with my surgeon Friday and he changed my diet to stage 4 puree foods.
I'm doing well on that one with exception of the first day. I had soup and I think I ate too fasty stomach started hurting !!! I learned the hard way. I am still getting use to eat slow.
2 days agoo were horrible for me. I was craving absolutely everything :( that was tough.
Ok thanks a lot again for reading and for the support.

Welcome to the forum. I am one day ahead of you-had my sleeve surgery on 10/9. I go back to the doc on Thursday and i'm praying he lets me go to puree stage. They told me in the hospital I'd have to stay on liquids for 4 weeks. I'm doing OK on liquids, but there is a lot of boredom with limited choices. If I have to do liquids for another 2 weeks, I will. Good luck to you!

Thanks karenina.
I hope dr clears you for stage 4. I was Sooo bored my self too. I am glad he cleared me Friday. But hang on there remember is for our own good. What was your weight before surgery? I'm curious since I only lost 19 or so pounds I wonder if that's normal.
Keep in touch.

I was 183 the day of surgery, but started at 239. I haven't lost anything since surgery. I don't think there is anything typical about this process between indiv.

Hi Skinnyxo we share the same surgery date. My doctor has a 4 phases to go through clear liquid 2 days 2weeks full liquids and then 2 weeks puree foods for proper healing. Be careful to not overdo. My starting weight was 320 and tomorrow I should hit the 299ish. We are all here with you. We are your new family. Started light workouts today and can't wait till Sunday when I graduate to puree foods.

It seems like I'm the only one on phase I liquids for a full month! Went to the NCP yesterday and she said not to advance diet for 2 more weeks. Sigh.
Down 8 pounds since surgery. I guess I'm one of those people who weigh the same, same, same, same, then lose 8 pounds overnight!

Karenina, 8 pounds is really great! Its so amazing how this losing weight process works differently for each person. I have been stuck for about 2 wks and just this morning I finally moved down a whole 2 pounds. I need to stay away from the scale but I am obsessed with it, lol, weighing myself everytime I walk in or near the bathroom, probably at least 10 -15 times a day.. I know better but it is a compulsion and I am trying to break it but it is hard.

So grateful

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm so glad I found this forum so I can share and read your experiences.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to the forum. This is my second time around with bariatric surgery though. I stopped 3 years ago for various reasons (insurance issues, lack of support, not being able to lose the required 10% my husband's insurance company required etc) BUT at my doctor's appointment (which I have been avoiding for the last 3 years....) last month I got me a HUGE wake up call and basically a kick in the pants. So here I am, on my journey again. Starting weight 276, now I'm at 272; just working my way down before they approve my surgery. I'm choosing gastric bypass but don't have a surgery date. Last week I had my first nutritionist appointment and psych evail so I can check those off my list. Friday I have a chest x-ray and an upper GI....oh good. Second bariatric appointment is the 7th then one more to go in December and then all my goodies get submitted for approval.

So thanks for reading my novel. I am loving all the support here and am glad I stumbled upon this site. It's nice to be able to talk to people who are or have been through this!

Hi!! Welcome!!! You are on your journey again, this time you will be successful :cool: keep up the good work. We are all here to help and support you.

Welcome to the forum, we're glad you found us. Hoping you are successful and everything goes smoothly this time around.

cheyenne i have the same problem with the scale i get on it everytime i walk by it. welcome to the group skinnyxo i really like everyone on here they are grate people and they know what we are going threw so they have grate advice :)

Back