• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introductions - Hello Everyone

Ann73451

Hi all- I don't have a surgery date yet and am still going through insurance verification. I have my first orientation class in a couple weeks. I am going to have bariatric surgery. I've done reading and research and I know this is right for me. One of the things I hear consistently is that a good community in which to discuss feelings, thoughts and ideas is key to success. I am hoping I can find that community here. Look forward to connecting with everyone!

People come here and some people go. It is a place to find support and common ground. This group has a good common source of people. We are not dr, but we share our own journeys so others can learn and benefit along their way. Each of our stories are unique but sort of similar. May your journey be everything you want it to be.

Welcome Ann! I have been a member here almost 4 years. I don't always need info anymore. But this group provides support and knowledge that its hard to get anywhere else. They KNOW what I'm going through. The new members, such as yourself, remind me what it took to GET here.

We answer when we can and we don't judge, we support. That's not always easy yo find. I hope were as helpful to you as everyone has been to me.

When I started this journey, I thought this surgery was for "obese" people and I was considering myself a regular person, Litle that I knew I was about myself and I was explaining "why" I was a reference by my PCP doctor. it was for my comorbidity problems, then I learned people need to lose weight for other surgeries like Knee replacement, others to get pregnant, and so on. Wow, HOW ignorant I WAS!!! THANK YOU ALL!!! Wonderful group. you are in good hands.

Back