• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Is hunger nirmal

I am only 7 days post op from VSG and on broth and shakes. My hunger pains are out of control!! But I am in control and won't eat anything but broth and shakes and it is not helping nor is smelling the glorious foods my family is eating!! Uuuggg I just want even a spoon of cottage cheese!!! Is hunger normal?

Hunger at this stage is head hunger. The nerves in your stomach were severed when you had surgery so to have real hunger is technically impossible. Head hunger is when we smell or see something specific and get a hunger for that one thing. During this fresh post op period where it’s only liquids it is hard to keep these thoughts out, but I promise you it only gets better. When can you move to the next stage?

I am only 7 days post op from VSG and on broth and shakes. My hunger pains are out of control!! But I am in control and won't eat anything but broth and shakes and it is not helping nor is smelling the glorious foods my family is eating!! Uuuggg I just want even a spoon of cottage cheese!!! Is hunger normal?
I felt like I was starving the first week. I believe I was actually hungry since I could not get full by only drinking a couple of ounces of liquid at a time. Liquids digest very fast, and at that rate, I was never filling up. I slowly started adding mashed potatoes, and then a few other purees and that helped a lot. Now I'm adding scrambled egg and cottage cheese and doing well with those also.

Back