• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Itchy skin

My whole body is itching crazy, I just want to scratch my skin off, then it welts up. I’m one month out today hasn’t gotten any better. Driving me crazy

It sounds like you might be having an allergivc reaction to something that was given to you for the surgery or post-surgically.

IMMEDIATELY go to the initial care or the ER. Above all, do NOT scratch. They can make the itch go away immediately but you will only make it worse by trying to wait it out.

It sounds like you might be having an allergivc reaction to something that was given to you for the surgery or post-surgically.

IMMEDIATELY go to the initial care or the ER. Above all, do NOT scratch. They can make the itch go away immediately but you will only make it worse by trying to wait it out.

I totally forgot: itching is a side effect of some pain meds, mostly opiates. I don't know if you're taking any, but I thought I should mention it.

Back