• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

its been five days since my gastric sleeve surgery.

Welcome! Hello and congrats on the surgery! Walk often, wear your abdominal binder if you have one, strive to make your protein and liquid goals, and don’t lift anything heavy. Get rest because your body is dealing with healing and major changes. Here is the packet my surgeons office gives all their gastric bypass patients, but since you had the sleeve, follow your own doctors orders. You always want to err on the side of caution and follow what your doctor tells you to do. https://www.ssmhealth.com/SSMHealth...ospital/STL-WMS/bariatric-nutrition-guide.pdf

^ What she said lol . Congrats on your surgery. I'm assuming your surgeon or your weight loss team gave you a diet with scheduled progressions for the next 6-8 weeks and it's important that you follow the guidelines set out for you. My team suggested that you try to drink 1 oz (a shot glass) every 15 minutes until you are comfortable getting all your liquids in. Let us know how you're doing and any specific questions/issues. We're happy to have you in the group.

Welcome Corey, congratulations on your surgery! I hope all is going well. The biggest "do" that my surgeon said was "walk, walk, walk and drink, drink, drink". Very important! The only don't that comes to mind right now is don't rush progressing to the next stage of food ahead of schedule. Some people have done that and lived to regret it, feeling miserable. Sometimes a doctor might allow you to go to the next stage but always check with your team first.

Back