• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

it's happening here!

I am watching Washington State Governor Jay Inslee giving a press conference about how to get back to work selectively and safely. One of his major priorities right now is to open up hospitals to elective surgeries. So if you are in my state oh, you might want to contact your bariatric surgeon or clinic to see if you can have surgery soon.

Jay is the same age as me and grew up around the corner from my ex-husband. I have not always liked him or even been very excited about his ideas. When it was obvious he was working toward a run for president, I did not support him. I wish I had now, and I wish he was running right now, because he would beat the crap out of that idiot Donald Trump.

More details emerged today. Inslee is looking at surgery to repair painful conditions like torn ligaments and wants to make those types of repairs the top priority for elective surgery. So if your state suddenly says it wants to ease back into elective surgery make sure you tell whoever decides that you are in constant pain from carrying the weight about and your bones are grinding together and you have comorbidities that are taking your life. Make sure you really tell them how awfully painful it is for you to be obese. Then you will for sure be in the elective surgery hierarchy near the top.

Back