• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Jiggly arms

Kathi_S

I know it is way too soon for this to be bothering me, but it is. My shirts are all way too big, except the sleeves are still snug against all my extra skin. I have always had disproportionately large upper arms, and the weight I've lost seems to have come from my arms (probably muscle because I haven't been able to swim yet). So I haven't been able to drop down to smaller shirts, like I have everything else. So the front of my shirts look baggy and sloppy, the sleeves look tight, and my arms look disgusting, with the skin hanging below my elbows.

I wish the weather would cool off enough to wear sweaters, but I am not even sure they will fit my arms.

I see my surgeon tomorrow and hope to get permission to start swimming again. Hopefully I will be able swim at the Y, not sure what the restrictions are now. Also not sure with my current blood pressure issue if I will be able to swim.

Anybody else get this bothered by arms this early in the process? I know it seems silly.

I know it is way too soon for this to be bothering me, but it is. My shirts are all way too big, except the sleeves are still snug against all my extra skin. I have always had disproportionately large upper arms, and the weight I've lost seems to have come from my arms (probably muscle because I haven't been able to swim yet). So I haven't been able to drop down to smaller shirts, like I have everything else. So the front of my shirts look baggy and sloppy, the sleeves look tight, and my arms look disgusting, with the skin hanging below my elbows.

I wish the weather would cool off enough to wear sweaters, but I am not even sure they will fit my arms.

I see my surgeon tomorrow and hope to get permission to start swimming again. Hopefully I will be able swim at the Y, not sure what the restrictions are now. Also not sure with my current blood pressure issue if I will be able to swim.

Anybody else get this bothered by arms this early in the process? I know it seems silly.
Idk if this would work, but with fall weather on the way, maybe you could try the layered look with a sleeveless shell or tank top that fits well, and an open jacket-type over it that fits your arms & can be loose fitting. Good luck with this dilemma.

Yes, I am very self-conscious about my arms and my inner thighs, too. :rolleyes: I love the cold weather just so I can cover up. I can't really afford plastic surgery and I don't know if I would want to go through all that pain either. So covering up has always been my main option lol.

Dig this: my mother's name was Armstrong. I grew up with big upper arms. My mom was a championship bowler and golfer. She proudly wore sleeveless shirts and shorts all year long. What a babe!

I have to say, I'm pretty comfortable with most of the excess skin. However .. these saggy ass knees make me crazy. CRAZY! I hate looking down and seeing wrinkly knees .. like what even IS that? How were my knees even that fat to begin with?!?! I have no intentions at this point of ever having skin removal since it's supposedly very painful and I'm a wimp. But if I do ever consider it, I would have knee lift before anything else. lmao

I have to say, I'm pretty comfortable with most of the excess skin. However .. these saggy ass knees make me crazy. CRAZY! I hate looking down and seeing wrinkly knees .. like what even IS that? How were my knees even that fat to begin with?!?! I have no intentions at this point of ever having skin removal since it's supposedly very painful and I'm a wimp. But if I do ever consider it, I would have knee lift before anything else. lmao
Remember those leg warmers years ago? If you come across some, maybe scoot them up so you can start a new fashion trend, knee warmers! Only you'll know what's really hiding underneath! Woohoo! ❤❤

I found a solution to hide my jiggly arms! Sorry about the amazon link, Diane! Women's jiggly arm hider

I have a whole wardrobe of 3/4 length sleeve tunics. For summer I try to find the short sleeves that end just before the elbow which are tricky to find but doable if you look hard enough. I am actually glad the weather cooled off a little to bring out my fall tunics.

Back