1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

Jogging

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Carolyn337, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Carolyn337

Carolyn337 Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I am in a college town where the students and residence like to jog. Thing is, I'm driving down a winding and hilly street and see someone jogging it with ease and I say to them through the windshield "what you doing that fur?" I see they are physically fit and appear in perfect shape. Best I can do is shuffle down hill and trudge back up. I can see why I need to. Some people never cease to amaze me. Then I think about the teen years where I was on the basketball team and practice was a cinch, that's when I wonder how on earth did I get here? I wanna say I'll go jogging tomorrow but unless I see a strange bug or a skunk I doubt it'll happen. Sigh.

Pixx likes this.
  2. Pixx

Pixx Active Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Carolyn, you crack me up! I can not see myself jogging...like ever. I don't even like the idea of jogging..ugh. But I did start walking, and heaven help me, the more I do it, the more I like it. I hope you find something you like when you start exercising, even if it takes trying out multiple things, I hope you find something you enjoy. Are you close to being released from your doc to start a program soon?

3. Tracy Lindenmuth

Tracy Lindenmuth Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Bariatric bypass
    Surgery Date:
    December 22, 2016
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I was jogging the other week, well kinda, I was at the airport and they were calling out for final boarding, and I didn't want to miss my flight so I had to run I did make it but I bet the people who saw me trying to run thought I was nuts. I don't know how to run lol

Jeff N and Pixx like this.
  4. Carolyn337

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I remember days when my body did not attack me just cause I wanted to chase the dog down! It's not just getting slapped in the face but thighs fighting each other and such. I am grateful for the surgery and weight loss progam that's changing all that. You do know how to operate because you made it to your destination. Probably would've given me whiplash if I saw you.

Tracy Lindenmuth likes this.
  5. Tracy Lindenmuth

Tracy Lindenmuth Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Bariatric bypass
    Surgery Date:
    December 22, 2016
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lol, the sagging arms are the worst, I tell my husband I can slap him silly with these things

6. Carolyn337

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My doctor has told me to walk since the day of surgery. I don't think I was ever prohibited to do anything but lift drag or pull anything heavier than ten pounds or milk jug. I try to look at me rear end to see if it's tend pounds alone and sigh. I gused that doesn't count...:(;)